Sunday, July 18, 2010

Mini Reviews



Mayer Hawthorne - A Strange Arrangement - 2009 
Just go get this record. If you listen to it and don't love at least one song off this album then I don't want you reading my blog.

Jonathan Coulton - Thing A Week One - 2006
A very uneven record. Shop Vac and The Town Crotch are top notch. Sibling Rivalry and Pod Safe Christmas Song are garbage. Coulton's got a pretty good voice and seems to have a knack for pleasant melodies so I'll probably spend some time with some of his other records. Also his cover of Baby's Got Back is better than the original.

Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavilion - 2009
My God this album is boring.  I actually listened to it a couple of times and it was really painful.  The thought of listening to it again makes me feel air sick.  From everything I've read about Animal Collective I really thought I'd love this band, but this album just sucks.  Maybe it gets better with repeated listenings, but I just don't care that much.

Crass - Penis Envy - 1980
Great album from start to finish.  I like to listen to in the morning when I walk to the subway on my way to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment